Ever wondered what cosmetic ingredients were great for mature skin? Well, with the onslaught of so many skincare and cosmetic brands out there, it can become overwhelming to choose to say the least. So, we’ve compiled a quick rundown of great ingredients that are beneficial for ageing, menopausal skin. Let’s check them out!
- Hyaluronic acid: improves skin elasticity, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, helps skin retain moisture
- Retinols: form of Vitamin A, stimulates skin cell turnover, aids in collagen production, fades age spots, oil, and acne control
- Niacinamide: form of Vitamin B, fades dark spots, protects against sun damage, controls excessive oils, minimizes wrinkles, redness, and appearance of pores
- AlphaHydroxy acids: exfoliates dead skin cells, improves skin texture, fades dark spots, increases thickness and firmness of skin
- Vitamin C: antioxidant inhibits excessive melanin production, lightens and brightens skin, evens skin tone, and protects from free radicals of UV exposure
- Ceremides: lipids (fatty acids), provides skin barrier from environmental pollutants, protects from moisture loss, improves fine lines and wrinkles
- Peptides: amino acids, helps to build collagen and elastin proteins, firms skin, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, improves skin barrier
- Kinetin: a cytokine (plant hormone responsible for growth and cell division), reduces fine lines and wrinkles, roughness, broken blood vessels (spider veins), and uneven pigmentation
- CoQ10: (Coenzyme Q10) antioxidant, reduces sun damage, retains moisture, evens skin tone, tightens and brightens skin
- Collagen: major component in affecting ageing skin, protein found in bone, skin, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments. Improves skin elasticity, firmness, reduces wrinkles, and increases blood flow and hydration
- BONUS: WATER! The average percentage of normal body range for water is 60% (depending on age, sex, and hydration levels.) It can range between 45%-75%, Because it’s so vital to our overall health, we should drink at least 6-8 glasses daily. Your skin will thank you dearly!
September is National Skincare Awareness Month! Let’s boost collagen together. Shop link below for our 24K Gold Collagen Eye and Lip Mask Bundles infused with Hydrolyzed Collagen and Hyaluronic acid. Buy 3, get 1 free! Smooches, Dah~lings!
Vintage Vixen Cosmetics LLC is a Georgia-based, luxury cosmetic company especially created for women ages 35 and “Finer” to help boost collagen production and maintain moisture. We are cruelty-free, paraben-free, and Vegan-friendly. As The ProGenerative Cosmetic™, we are Pro-ageing and encourage women to embrace “The Gift of Longevity” by living out loud, authentically, vibrantly, and boldly.